Barbarians are savage wanderers who never flinch from close-quarters combat. Mighty ground stomps, leaping attacks and dual-wielded slashes leave a barbarian’s enemies dead in their boots and send any survivors fleeing for cover.
Thanks to their size and strength, barbarians can dominate a melee with nearly any combination of weapon and approach, though they tend towards massive and imposing weaponry. Barbarians are no strangers to the pains of battle, and often fare better in the midst of several opponents, taking and giving cuts, than when attempting to chase down single targets.
Barbarians’ attacks are primarily melee focused. Their quick weapon swings whittle down the number of weaker foes in seconds, while their slower, ground-shaking slams and stomps can send approaching hordes reeling and crack the armor of mightier foes.
- The Primary Stat for Barbarians is Strength. Each point of Strength increases all damage by 1%.
- Before taking into account Passive Skills, 1 Point of Strength is equal to 1 Point of Armor. Armor reduces ALL damage taken.
The formula for damage reduction % from armor versus a Monster of a certain level is:
100 * [ Current Armor / (Current Armor + (50*Monster Level)) ].
- If you have 2000 Armor, your damage reduction from armor vs a Level 30 Monster is:
100 * [ 2000 / (2000 + (50*30)) ] = 100 * [2000/3500] = 57.14%.
- Barbarians have three types of unique equipment to the class: Mighty Belts (belts), 1-Handed Mighty Weapons, and 2-Handed Mighty Weapons.
- Barbarians can use the following types of weapons:
- 1-handed weapons: Axes, Daggers, Maces, Mighty Weapons, Spears, and Swords.
- 2-handed weapons: 2-Handed Axes, 2-Handed Maces, 2-Handed Mighty Weapons, Polearms, and 2-Handed Swords.
- Off-hand items: Shields
- Barbarians are capable of dual-wielding, that is, using two 1-handed weapons simultaneously. Alternatively, they can use a 1-handed weapon and a shield.
Skill Calculator: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian.