This calculator has been UPGRADED! To visit the new design, visit this link or the big gaudy banner below. I will be removing the old calculator from the home page on September 19th, 2012. The links will still work, but they will redirect you to the new one. Thank you everyone for sharing data with me and helping me improve our tool!
The most accurate Diablo III Damage Calculator on the net! Dual-wielding included! Save Gold! Share!
NOTE: Currently no Character Profile Import support for Asian (TW/KR) Profiles. Do it manually.Welcome to Damage Calculator Version 1.4! Check out our Follower Damage Calculator too!
- Check out the Diablo III Damage Calculator F.A.Q at TheAsianGamer Forums.
- Your calculated DPS may be slightly off from what is displayed in the new Web Character Profiles at us.battle.net. This is due to some inaccuracy as soon as you log out. Trust your displayed Damage value in-game, not the web-page for more accurate results.
- Some rings and amulets with a damage range (like “24-48 damage”) might have a hidden bonus minimum damage affix that isn’t displayed on the weapon. Unfortunately the only way to tell if you do or not is by looking at the Battle.net API information for your equipped item. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, but think you may have something like that, drop me an e-mail with your Profile link and I can help determine whether or not you do.
- If your weapon has +% Damage on it, please do not input that anywhere. It is unnecessary in this calculator. Just follow the item location tooltips indicated by the (?), and you’ll be fine.
- You are required to input your primary stat for each individual item. You will have to do a little math in the event you have gems in your items, but aside from that you should now be able to get a good idea as to how much of a damage upgrade a newly equipped item is.
- If you preferred the old method of having just one primary stat value, just input [Total Value - Base Value (Base Value at Level 60 is 187)] into any of the available stat inputs.
- This Diablo III Damage Calculator works for ALL classes and ALL levels. Extra item slots are added just in case you own legendary items that have affixes that aren’t usually on that item slot.
- One-handed weapon + offhand calculations, AND DUAL-WIELD calculations should be pretty much spot on. Maybe off in the HUNDREDTH decimal.
- Calculations involving weapons with +% damage should be off by only a very small margin of 5-10 damage. Blizzard likes to round certain elements and not others, but I have found the best results with the current calculations.
- If you want to use the Save/Load/Delete Data buttons, you must have cookies enabled/storable on your browser. The data will automatically survive for 35 days unless handled otherwise.
In an attempt to further assist you in any troubleshooting matters, here are three screenshots taken in-game and in-browser you can compare:
- Monk Item Collage. (Click on link to expand image, click on image to close it)
- Monk Item Collage when input into Calculator.
- Monk Items in Step 2 (buffs/other). (This is where I input 130 Dex for Inna’s Glory)
Users agree to use this web-based software at their own risk for reasons below:
- The web-based software runs its formulas based on publicly available information relevant to the Diablo III computer game. The accuracy of this software relies on the publicly disclosed information, and only for the Diablo III version this software is written for.
- Author is not responsible for any discrepancies of the calculation results due to undisclosed factors of the game, or any changes made due to software patches and updates.
- Author is not responsible for any consequences resulting from using this software in users’ gameplay experience.
Feel free to contact me: if you have any issues I can answer (that doesn’t involve me giving you mathematical secrets), if you need calculator troubleshooting, if you need general game advice, or maybe you just want to see how good or bad a player I am!
I’m more than approachable, and can be reached through a variety of channels:
- Comment: Write a comment that will appear below the post! I usually respond the same day.
- Forum: I have a highly viewed thread over at DiabloFans.
- E-mail: dyriltheasiangamer[at]gmail.com.
- In-game: My BattleTag ID is Dyril#1533 (US-region).
- 8/22/12: v1.4: integrated Paragon Levels and new APS affix column, features added from Patch 1.0.4.
- 8/08/12: v1.3i:Added ability to pull data from Battle.net Character Profile Link (Prototype stage). You will have to edit your weapon damage ranges for now for more accurate results, and manually select buffs/input most set bonuses.
- 8/08/12: v1.3i:Added additional display for Damage Change for exact marginal % gain or loss.
- 8/07/12: v1.3h:Added ability to convert profiles to links. Requires a saved profile for it to function properly.
- 7/21/12: v1.3g:Added display for average damage per hit for main and off-hand weapons under Damage Details Summary.
- 7/18/12: v1.3f:Added dynamic stat weights to the Damage Details Summary.
- 7/10/12: v1.3e:Changed cosmetics of many buttons on site, added in Wrath/Insanity buff functionality.
- 7/06/12: v1.3d:Added extra primary stat column for skills section for usage of set bonuses.
- 7/05/12: v1.3c:Reduced number of steps from 5 to 4, combined Select Weapon into Weapon Info category.
- 7/02/12: v1.3b:Added tool-tips to class modifiers in Step 4.
- 7/02/12: v1.3a:Re-designed Step 3, split the Weapons/Armor input fields into two tables, can expand/hide.
- 7/01/12: v1.3: Re-designed Class Modifier Step 4, added a bunch of checkboxes for class skills and passives.
- 6/23/12: v1.2c: Fixed a bug where off-hand weapon may not load correctly from profile after selecting a 2-handed weapon. Crit Chance cannot exceed 100% now.
- 6/22/12: v1.2b: added attack per second display for main-hand and off-hand weapons. Functionality not 100% tested with certain class skills, but works with enchantress and items that increase attack speed.
- 6/21/12: v1.2: added a maximum of 5 profiles to be saved, added old damage + new damage + change in damage at the bottom, added column for primary stat inputs for all items, added compatibility for any level, added new tooltips and color-coded columns
- 6/14/12: v1.1b:added check box for optional enchantress buff
- 6/14/12: v1.1: added temporary-looking Save/Load/Delete Data for browser cookies
- 6/13/12: v1.1: added mouseover help-tooltips for input fields
- 6/13/12: v1.1: changed appearance and table formatting
STEP THREE: Press the -Calculate- button below!
Damage Stats Details (Expand to Verify)
**Remember: Save/Load feature will not work unless you enable stored cookies for your browser.